Tivit floor thermo-insulation putty
- The product has low level of thermal conductivity of 0.09 – 0.12W/m and a very light volumetric weight of 400 to 600 kg/m3 relative to ordinary earth-damp putty with a volumetric weight of 2200 kg/m3.
- Accounting for lighter floor weight at a design level of a project would result in reduced construction costs in terms of iron and concrete needs.
- Prior to laying no additional reinforcements nor heavy putties are required.
- Class B1 N/m2 fire resistance and compressive strength of 1.8 make the material excellent for indoor applications.
- Provides good noise insulation.
- Applicable to floors, walls and roofs.
- Tivit is suitable for use in restoration works and for repairing/rehabilitation of old buildings.
- Pre-bagged Render – 70 litter bags with dry weight of 32.5kg
- 1 cubic meter render consists of 16 bags
Surface preparation and application
The Tivit floor putty are pre-bagged, with water added on site and mixed strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Once is mixed leave 5 – 7 minutes to rest.
- Tivit floor insulation putty can be placed using a steel trowel and conventional hand plastering techniques or can be sprayed using a plastering pump – min. thickness 50mm. !For clear instruction please refer to the images shown!
- Tivit must be applied a minimum of 50mm thickness for a better thermo insulating effect.
- Level out immediately, using a wooden mortarboard, straight edge, smoothing trowel or float, but do not press the putty.
- The surface can be scrubbed in order to get a smooth finish
- Finishing coat can be applied if required or laminate, marble tiles, cork, stone and wood flooring can be placed directly on Tivit thermo – floor insulation.
- If used externally a layer of hydro insulation is needed on top of Tivit thermo – insulation putty.
Caution! Do not apply if temperature is below 5°C or above 35C. Do not open windows while applying and working with Tivit floor thermo insulation putty.